The bike faithful congregated at VeloCult in Northeast Portland Jan 23 for an evening of entertainment and inspiration hosted by Tall Bike Jesus and broadcast live on YouTube and CrankMyChain.com.
This week at OpenBike...
- Nathan Jones shared his story of riding 300 miles via the South Willamette Valley Scenic Bikeway in a single day as part of a fundraiser to build a utility trailer for his bike.
- We showed the Salt Lake City Bicycle Collective Chop Shop Video
- We announcing the CMC Photo Booth Contest! Take your photo with our sign in the VeloCult photo booth and you could win a prize :)
- Martina Schrenke Fahrner shared a firey rant about the disconnect between the bicycle industry and real life cyclists.
- We got all excited about Mini Bike Winter and showed their hilarious new promo. For more info check http://www.zoobomb.net
- Djinn Maury wowed the crowd with his blindfolded violin prowess.
- Filmmaker Kara Minnehan introduced her forthcoming documentary Bike Love.
- Scott Bricker of America Walks talked about how pedestrians and cyclists share common ground.
- Jolly Dodger presented a moving poem and video montage about ghost bikes.
- the live jam rocked with Djinn Maury, Robert Ping, Dan Kaufman, Robert Henry, Sean Bannon and Scott Bricker
Sign up now to peform Jan 30 at Open Bike!
Open Bike is an evening of music, film and spoke'n word for bike lovers and
the bike curious. This is an interactive event open to anyone who wants to
participate in any way. Bring your stories, short films, musical instruments,
and any special expertise or talent you want to share. We will have a PA and
projector to facilitate the free fun!
7 pm Social
8 pm You Bring It
9 pm Music
Online Broadcast TBA